New to Church:
Welcome to the Church of Christ, Congregational! We are honored that you are visiting our web site. Visiting a church for the first time can be intimidating and we want to make it as comfortable as possible for you. So here are some things that might make visiting us in person a little easier:
- We gather for our worship service (what in the Roman Catholic Church is called Mass) on Sunday mornings at 10am (during the months of July and August, worship service is at 9am). People dress in a variety of ways from jeans and t-shirts to suits and ties. We want you to be comfortable. The service usually lasts about one hour and includes singing (don’t worry – we give you all the words!), Bible readings, prayers, community announcements and a sermon. Sometimes we have special events going on like a baptism, new member reception or confirmation. It all depends on the day.
- On the first Sunday of the month, we celebrate the sacrament of the Lord’s Supper (Eucharist). In our tradition, the deacons of the church usually bring the cups and bread to the people in the seats. Everyone is invited to participate in the sacrament – members, guests, kids…everyone! So you would be welcome – but you are also free to pass and just watch the first time.
- For children we offer a special children’s message each week and then the kids usually go into the classrooms to learn more about God in an age appropriate lesson. Some children do stay with their families in the sanctuary but most find it more fun to go to Sunday school. More information about Sunday school can be found by clicking here.
- When the service is over we invite everyone to gather in the social hall (we call it our Fellowship Hall) for coffee, juice and snacks. It is our time for hanging out together and catching up with friends. You would be welcome to come in and grab a cup of coffee and meet some new people.
- There is almost always something going on at the Church of Christ in Millis. Community groups use the space for scouting events, community choral rehearsals, AA meetings and a variety of other uses. There are a number of small groups within the church that meet weekly or monthly as well. We offer many ways to meet people and get involved.
We hope you’ll take some time to browse around the website and, of course, we hope you’ll choose to be our guest at the Church of Christ, Congregational in Millis. You are welcome here!
Please call the Pastor, the Rev. Jen Munroe-Nathans at 508-376-5034 if you have questions. She’d love to hear from you.